You must be over 21 to rent handguns, and 18 for shotguns and rifles. A valid ID is also required for entry onto the range. Eye and ear protection are required on the range at all times. You may bring your own, or rent/purchase them from the rental counter. Closed toe shoes recommended.
Yes! Make sure all firearms that enter the building are locked and unloaded. NO EXCEPTIONS! You are always free to bring your own firearms and ammuntion.
We have several firearms available at the rental counter. You need a valid ID and must be at least 18 to rent rifles and shotguns, and 21 years old to rent handguns. Rental firearms are required to use range ammunition only.
Handguns, rifles, and shotguns in any caliber up to a .50 BMG are allowed for use on the range. We try our best to keep the larger calibers in the farthest bays, to accommodate rimfire and handgun shooters.
Holster work is only permitted for licensed CCW holders, law enforcement, and those with exposed firearms permits.
You must be 18 or older in order to rent long guns and 21 or older to rent handguns. 17 and under are allowed with adult supervision and completed waiver.
(Each student shoots 50 rounds)
The Gun Range Instructor’s Course of Fire
Course of fire. Each individual shall discharge 50 rounds according to the following schedule: (All stages are unsupported.)
1. Stage 1 – from 15 yards, in a standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds in 30 seconds
2. Stage 2 – from 7 yards, draw and fire 14 rounds in 45 seconds
• Starting from a standing position draw and fire 6 rounds and reload
• Then, moving immediately to a kneeling position, fire 6 rounds, reload and fire 2 more rounds
3. Stage 3 – from 7 yards, standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds in 10 seconds
4. Stage 4 – from 7 yards, standing position, draw and fire 6 rounds with strong hand only, reload, switch hands to support hand and fire 6 more rounds in 25 seconds
5. Stage 5 – from 5 yards, standing position, draw and fire 3 rounds in 4 second. Repeat 1x for a total of 6 rounds (2 separate stages)
6. Stage 6 – from 3 yards, standing position, draw and fire 2 rounds in 3 seconds. Repeat 2x for a total of 6 rounds (3 separate stages)
Scoring. The course of 50 rounds discharged shall be used for scoring.
1. Silhouette targets shall be used. A 5 point score shall be granted for each round discharged inside of the seven (7) ring (center mass).
2. Each individual shall qualify with an 80% score (200 out of 250 points) on the scoring segment.
If you have lost an item(s), please contract us at (916) 972-1484 or come in and we can check for the item(s).
The lost and found section will be cleared out on the last day of each month.