This NRA CCW course will satisfy the Placer, El Dorado, and Yuba County sheriff's requirements of 8 hours training for the initial CCW permit (4 hours for renewal). An NRA Certificate of completion will be issued upon successful course completion.
Please register no later than June 13 - THERE IS A MINIMUM OF 4 STUDENTS PER CLASS.
Students will demonstrate proficiency with each handgun listed on the CCW permit, up to three (3) firearms.
The range fee is included in the price of the class.
• Your Interview with the Sheriff’s representative and the Live Scan should have been completed or scheduled within 60 days of course completion.
• Basic pistol or equivalent training is a prerequisite; this is not a beginner course.
• Guns and all needed equipment should be brought into the classroom
• NO Ammunition is to be brought to the classroom
• If you have not previously shot at The Gun Range, please complete and sign the safety questionnaire/waiver upon arrival.
Materials needed:• Gun(s) for qualifying
- • 50 rounds ammunition per gun for qualifications