Sac. /Placer, Yolo and Yuba Counties 4 hour Re-Qual. 9/18/22
Sacramento, Placer, El Dorado, Yolo, Yuba Counties, Nevada County
Concealed Carry Weapon (CCW) Refresher Class
- 4 hour class
- Classroom instruction followed by a written test and range qualifications
- All Firearms and equipment should be brought in from cars
- If your firearm is in the DROS process and is being held at The Gun Range, please check it out and bring it into the classroom with both magazines. Arrive early enough so that you are ready for the start time.
- Ammunition will be stored in an office adjacent to the classroom
- If you have not previously shot at The Gun Range, please complete the waiver on the computer(s) nearest the front door.
- Class includes qualification up to 3 firearms.
- Prior to class, review the qualification course of fire on the FAQ sheet of The Gun Range web-site
- If shooting with a revolver, a speed loader IS REQUIRED in order to meet qualifications standards
- Be sure to stop at the tables in the entry area to have the guns checked for being unloaded. If you enter the range with your carry gun loaded and holstered, you will be asked to clear your firearm in the range prior to the start of class. At the end of the course and qualifications, if you wish to carry while leaving the range, be sure to reload and holster while on the range (tell the instructor).
- Firearm(s) for qualifying
- 50 rounds ammunition for practice shooting
- 50 rounds for qualification
- A Holster is Recommended, but not required. (no older style 'serpa' type holsters that have a button to depress when drawing; newer models are acceptable)
- An In-the-waistband (IWB) holster is acceptable as long as it is secured to a belt
- 2 Magazines required
- Pocket carry, Ankle, Small-of-back, and Cross draw holsters are not allowed for use in the qualification process
- Secure belt (men and women) or a way for the holster to be secured when drawing
- Closed-toed shoes
- High neck clothing (to keep brass from going down your shirts)
- A Magazine Speed Loader (unless you are very adept at loading your magazines)
- A Speed loader for revolver is REQUIRED in order to qualify
- Eye/Ear protection
- Must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the handling and functions of your handgun
- Notebook/Paper/Pen - note taking highly recommended!
The range fee is included in the price of the class. ALL firearms included up to 3.